My Favorite Things is going to be a new little segment on my blog. I'm going to try weekly to update it with all the things I like at the moment. Each week will have a different theme so that way we can really explore together the products and the trends. :) This week is all about hair products and styling tools! Feel free to leave comments as well with the things that you've found to be great!
I'll start with my absolute favorite products!
First off is Chi Iron Guard
I love this product! I have thick curly hair that's hard to style, but with this spray it turns out sleek and smooth every time! It's not heavy, so it's not weighing down my already heavy hair and it smells amazing! Priced around $14, it's reasonable, and it lasted me about 4 or 5 months using about 4-5 times a week.
I know for the mall I work at, some salons give mall employee discounts on products as well. Regis in the mall I work at gives 20% . If you work in a mall look into deals like that. Also, Ulta is an excellent place to get hair products! They are always running deals and specials! Last time I bought this, I got it from Ulta for less than $10, what a steal!
Another product I love it Biolage's Thermal Setting Spray
This spray is perfect for curls and updos! It's a heavier spray that has a bit more hold than what the Chi Iron Guard offers, which is ideal for curls. It gives a great shine to hair which can sometimes be lost when curling with a curling iron. It also holds curl all day! Priced around $15, it's a good price for the product you're getting. It's not one I use everyday, so it's sure to last for quite sometime and likewise with the Iron Guard if you're able to get it at discount or during a sale at Ulta, do it!Now, as far as hair sprays go, I've got two that I swear by. Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Hair Spray and Tigi's Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray.
Both of these sprays provide an excellent hold and last quite awhile! Big Sexy Hair is priced around $17 and Bed Head is priced around $15. For as long as these sprays have lasted me, it's money well spent.
There's another product I love to use, Big Sexy Hair Root Plump Plus.
I think I use this product differently than most people, but it provides excellent results when making a bump. What I do is separate the section I plan on teasing and then spray a little of this at the root before I tease it. It provides an excellent hold all day! My bumps never fall! Also priced around $17, but since little product is needed it lasts quite awhile.
I'll just do a brief over view of the shampoos and conditioners I swear by, because that could get long, but keeping in mind my incredibly thick hair, I have to be picky on what I use. These products have always given me excellent results and it bought at the right time of year can be found at excellent prices. Ulta is one place that regularly has liter sales on these shampoos and conditioners. The following are Tigi Bed Head's Dumb Blonde, Biologe's Color Care and Redkin's Fresh Curls
Now onto styling tools!
HAI Convertable Ceramic Flat Iron
This straightener is by far the best I have ever found! I think it works better than Chi's flat irons. It's reasonably priced $75 from folica.com http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/hai-convertable-ceramic-flat-iron I have yet to find this brand in stores, but can easily be found online.
This flat iron also has an excellent warranty. While the website and even the papers say that it's only one year, according to the manufacturer's site, it's 3 years! I had to replace mine after 3 years and only had to pay $8 in shipping to replace the straightener.
It heats up quickly and stays hot, it has great heat distribution. Plus, I'm able to straighten my crazy thick and curly hair with ease!
For curling irons I recommend Hot Tools Titanium 1" Curling Iron.
This curling iron heats up quick and stays hot! It provides beautiful curls and is soups easy to use. The cord swivels so that it never gets twisted. It's priced around $40, but I found mine brand new on ebay for $25. If you look around you can find a great deal on this curling iron!
Well that's all for now! I hope you find this helpful and informational!
Love,
Sandra










No comments:
Post a Comment