BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hey Jude....Where'd ya go?

I love music. I always have. Growing up I was raised on Classic Rock and 90's Country (classic rock from my dad and the country from my mom). I've been to too many shows to count. I've seen everyone from The Who to Reba live. From Point of Grace to Colbie Callait. I know every Journey song by heart.....and every Backstreet Boys song.

That being said, I feel like I can say this, what happened to quality music? And talent? I feel like every song now is made up of auto tuning and surrounds some form of getting crunk and and shooting up the block. And while I do enjoy T-Pain, don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if that's the music I want my generation remembered by.

Long gone is Paul McCartney singing to Jude and Elton John with his candle in the wind. It's as if the 90's was the last era of music where actual talent and substance was required. And by that I mean, anyone can be famous now. Get on youtube, get on American Idol, and there's fame and a record deal.

When I look back I hope my generation is known for something more than songs about getting shwasted and setting the house on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment