BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My One True Love: American Eagle :)

January 30th was a big day for me. I would have blogged about it sooner, but you know, I was somewhat busy losing a gallbladder. However, January 30th marks another big event in my life, my three year anniversary with American Eagle. For being a part time job, it's been one of the greatest experiences of my life. Let me take you a on trip down memory lane.....

December 21st 2007. That was the day I applied at American Eagle in Merle Hay Mall. As most of you know from my last blog, I'm a planner. The plan had been all through high school to go to the University of Iowa and work at AE all through college. While U of I didn't happen, AE sure did! When I applied I figured I could work at Merle Hay and then transfer to one near Northwestern, and the funny thing is, I didn't even plan to apply anywhere else. I didn't care to apply anywhere else.

The love for AE started in 6th grade. I remember all my friends had clothes from AE so I talked my mom into taking me there and I got two graphic t's. I remember I like rotated them through my wardrobe in a way that I could wear them every week. I loved them! From there on out anytime I got an allowance or babysitting money I would always save up to get stuff from AE.

Now years later, that's basically all my closet consists of and I've been with the company for 3 years! I absolutely love retail, there's nothing like helping someone find an outfit that makes them feel incredible and looks great on them! My favorite is when women come in after having lost weight and say that they could never fit into our jeans before, but can now and need help finding their size and fit. The look on their face when they find that perfect fit and then some fun shirts and accessories to go with it. Being in retail has also created a love of loss prevention in me. Catching shoplifters is so fun! It's my dream to be an LP auditor for AE Corporate, how amazing would that be?

Anyways, thought I'd share a little about my love for AE during this romantic time of year and to celebrate the three years I've dedicated to the Eagle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment