Today is my day off. How have I spent my day off? I've watched One Tree Hill allllllllllll day. As I've fallen in love with this show and with these characters I can't help but be nostalgic about when I first started this show. It could be the theme song, it could be how homesick I am, but I have some good memories tied to this show.
Let's go back.
I started One Tree Hill late, I was a senior in high school. I was hooked immediately. All I knew was that my friends should be hooked too. I bought the first season and started watching with my best friends on the night of the spring variety show my senior year of high school. We all congregated in Jen's basement and began the journey through Tree Hill.
After that it was like a weekend ritual, we would go to someones basement, eat large amounts of Fruity Pebs and watch as much OTH as humanly possible. One night in particular we all went to Wal-Mart, bought crazy combinations of food like wings, fettuccine Alfredo and oreos. We watched at least half of the second season if not more in Paige's basement. I don't know if I've ever felt more sick in my life the next morning, but it's a night I look back on fondly.
Through senior year and the summer after we would get together as much as possible to watch OTH. When I watch past episodes I remember where I was and who I was with.
I know it probably seems odd, but this show is much more than a show to me. It's memories. As I watch this episode, where Haley gives birth, and flashbacks are about every ten seconds, I'm reminded about how much I love this show. I'm reminded what this show means to me. But more than anything I've reminded about how much my friends who have watched this show with me through the years mean to me. We have laughed together, cried together and watched these characters grow up together. Right now if I could, I'd be watching this episode with all six of them. So to my friends, who have been there all along, I miss you. I can't wait to see you again, and watch some One Tree Hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wanna watch it with you right now too!!!!
ReplyDelete